Bharat has over ten years of experience in fundraising and strategic planning. His management mantra of “Respect. Empower. Include” has allowed him to lead cross-functional teams of over 150 individuals to raise funds from individual donors in excess of $2.5 million. He’s worked with clients in a dozen states across the country, and brings the emotional intelligence that comes with having managed diverse groups of people to implement both long-term and short-term goals.
BHARAT KRISHNAN, MBA
Bharat serves as Counsel for The Hodge Group and focuses on blending research, communications, and fundraising strategies together in order to provide excellent service delivery. He understands that “digital strategy” is more than just a buzz word and that the first step of strategic planning is deciding when your organization is willing to say no.
By focusing his MBA studies on nonprofits, specifically relating to crisis management and diversity management, he prides himself on being able to offer a host of quantitative and qualitative measures that enable an organization to increase its operational efficiency. Bharat has a proven record of training organization members in:
- Conducting quantitative analysis that includes NPV (Net Present Value) analysis
- Conducting qualitative analysis that specifically includes strategies for crisis management and diversity management as it relates to donor recruitment and retainment
- Offering communications training that prioritizes donors, with a focus on reaching Millennials and Generation Z
- Managing cross-functional teams across different demographics
- Incorporating digital strategies (i.e. social media) to every aspect of an organization (finance, HR, communications, etc) to create layers of advantage and a better strategic fit
Bharat holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from American University and graduated cum laude from Louisiana State University with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. He holds certificates in Advanced Leadership Studies and Campaign Management from American University, and has published two books with plans for many more. In his spare time, Bharat enjoys blogging and speaking on panels about his work writing.